On Friday 21 November, the major, global findings of Landmine Monitor Report 2008 was released during a press conference at the United Nations in Geneva. Report findings were presented to delegates at the Ninth Meeting of States Parties to the Mine Ban Treaty (9MSP) on 21 November in Geneva, Switzerland. On and after 21 November, national and regional release events will be held in Australia, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Cambodia, Colombia,France, Germany, India,Indonesia,Italy,Japan,Tajikistan,Turkey,Yemen.
For more information, to amend an event listing or to inform us of a release event not listed, please email email@example.com.
Global and Regional Release Events
SWITZERLAND: Global Release – 21 November
- 09:00 GMT/ 10:00 local time
- Press conference in at the Palais des Nations in Geneva
- Program: Release of the major, global report findings, followed by a question and answer period
Other Release Events
CYBERSPACE: Online report release – 21 November
- 05:00 GMT online at www.icbl.org/lm/2008
- Release of the Annual Report and Executive Summary
Afghanistan – 21 November
Australia– March 2009
- Program: Concert in Western Australia.
Azerbaijan – 21 November
- 08:00 GMT/ 12:00 local time in Baku
- Speakers: Hafiz Safikhanov, AzCBL Director and Landmine Monitor Researcher, and Elena Klimenko, International Mine Action Program Young Professional.
- Program: Press Conferenceat the InternationalPressCenter "News" in Baku, hosted by the Azerbaijan Campaign to Ban Landmines (AzCBL). Presentation of information regarding the release of Landmine Monitor Report 2008 and the current landmine situation in Azerbaijan and the world. Distribution of translation of the Landmine Monitor Report 2008 section on Azerbaijan.
Belgium– 21 November
Cambodia – TBC
Finland– 21 November
– 26 November
France– 21 November
India– 6 December
- 10:00 to 13.00 local time
- Location: Conference Room, Control Arms Foundation of India, B 5/146, First Floor, Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi 110029
- Program: Control Arms Foundation of India would like to invite you to the India launch of the Landmine Monitor 2008. This will be followed by a panel discussion on "Addressing Rising Insecurity in India: Ways to Control Spread and Proliferation of Arms, Light Weapons, Landmines & IEDs". Various dignitaries, activists, humanitarian agencies, scholars and the media will be taking an active part.
Indonesia – 21 November
Italy – TBC
Japan– 21 November
Nepal – 21–30 November, TBC
Tajikistan – 8 December
- 09:00 GMT/ 14:00 local time in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
- Speakers: Aziza Hakimova, Executive Director, NGO "Harmony of the World"; Rudi Rahbar.
- Program: Press Conference in Meeting premises of TMAC (Tajik Mine Action Cell), Dushanbe, Tajikistan.Introduction by ICBL Tajikistan, followed by release of Landmine Monitor, distribution of media kits, discussion period and joint press conference together with TMAC: 1. Oslo Conference fruits, 2. LM 2008 Release, 3. Other issues.
Turkey – 21 November
Yemen– 6 December